I have never been good at New Year’s resolutions. Most of the time, they are forgotten or broken before the middle of January. (Particularly those relating to diets or exercise!) I have come to realise that it’s better to set out goals for myself rather than resolutions. Goals, at least, seem more flexible and more attainable.
So with that said, to kick off my shiny new blog, here are my goals for 2014:
- To keep God at the centre of my marriage and to work at being a good wife and mother.
- To practice patience in my parenting, to model Jesus for my daughters in both word and behaviour.
- To live a healthier lifestyle.
- To have a regular devotional time.
- To carve out more time for writing.
- To allow myself time to relax and recharge without feeling “mom-guilt”.
I hope that 2014 brings you more sunshine than rain, more laughter than tears, and more love than you know what to do with. “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)