As has become tradition, here is my birthday interview with Emmy. It’s really, really late because, well, there’s a baby in the house. (As I type, the baby is sleeping on my lap because, for reasons unknown, he doesn’t like his cot in the daytime.)
My commentary is in italics.
1. What was your favourite thing about being three?
I don’t know.
2. How do you feel about turning four?
Happy. She jumped up and down as she said this.
3. What is your favourite TV show/movie?
Peter Pan. It’s my favourite dream and movie. I don’t know that she’s ever watched it, but okay.
4. What is your favourite colour?
Pink. Of course.
5. What is your favourite story or book?
Hmm. I like, umm, I like Dorothy. The Wizard of Oz.
6. Who is your favourite princess?
7. What is your favourite food?
Macaroni cheese. Just like Mommy. 🙂
8. What is your favourite drink?
9. What is the most fun thing you can think of doing?
10. Tell me four things you want to do now that you’re four.
Colour. Paint. Watch movies. I can’t think of anything else.
11. What do you like best about being you?
I can’t think.
12. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A doctor. This is new. Though, like me, she doesn’t deal well with the sight of blood, so we’ll see …
13. When you’re a grown-up, how old will you be?
14. What don’t you like to do?
I don’t like to do school. This is not actually true. Emmy almost always asks for more schoolwork every day. She doesn’t like making her bed and tidying up.
15. What is your favourite Bible story?
Do you have any fun birthday traditions?